This may be of interest. I have sent it in the attachment but some members cannot receive attachments, hence the text here as well.
SOVIET UNION 1945-1964 STUDY DAY
Friday April 2nd 2004
• 10.00 am-10.30 am Registration and Coffee with biscuits
• 10.30 am-11.30 am Geoffrey Hosking: Introduction and Paper, ‘Russian national consciousness after the second world war.’
• 11.30 am-12.30 pm Miriam Dobson: ‘Notions of the enemy: re-examining official Soviet rhetoric of 1956 and 1961.’
• 12.30 pm-1.30 pm Lunch (Not included in the Registration Fee)
• 1.30 pm-2.30 pm Don Filtzer, ‘Surviving the famine: workers’ family budgets during the food crisis of 1947’
• 2.30 pm-3.30 pm Mark Edele, ‘2nd world war veterans, 1945-56’
• 3.30 pm-3.45 pm Tea with biscuits
• 3.45 pm-4.30 pm Discussion of the future
The ‘Soviet Union Study Day’ is being held at the following address:
School of Slavonic and East European Studies, UCL
Senate House (North Block), Malet Street
The most convenient way to travel to Senate House, is to come by train or London Underground. Our nearest train stations are Euston and Kings Cross St Pancras. Both are 15 to 20 minutes walk away, and under 5 minutes in a taxi. There are Taxi ranks outside both train stations. The nearest tube stations are Goodge street (Northern Line) and Russell Square (Picadilly Line). Both Underground stations are around 5 minutes walk.
There will be a small registration fee for those people who are not UCL Staff and UCL Students.
Registration Fee = £15
Reduced Student Registration Fee = £5 for Students
Free Participants = £0 for UCL Staff and UCL Students
If you would like to attend this conference, Please send an email to [removed] and [removed] .
Or you can post a confirmation when you send your Registration fee.
All cheques must be made payable to University College London and posted to Shibhan Trail, Student and Academic Services Office, SSEES, UCL, Senate House, Malet Street, London, WC1X 0HD.
For any other information re. the Study Day please contact Shibhan Trail at; [removed]